Monday, June 2, 2008

Midwest Library Tech Conference 2008

I had a lot of fun last week attending one day of the Midwest Library Tech Conference 2008.

The afternoon plenary session featured Rachel Smith and Alan Levine of the new media consortium, publishers of the annual Horizon Report. Which I confess I had never heard of, but now I have! Here's a link to their list of "Six Key Emerging Technologies."

The new media consortium, or nmc, focuses on education, but is completely relevant to libraries.

Here is a link to the Ning site for the conference, where presenters post their presentation materials and other content. It is a rich, rich site! You could spend hours clicking links. Later, I'll post some highlights from the conference, but not tonight.

And what is Ning, you ask? Click here for more information.

I added a lot of material to the Sub 2.0 wiki. Bookwormishnerd contributed a great list of things to note when you work in a new library for the first time. Click here to read it!

No comments: